Monday through Friday (excluding holidays and University closures)
Tours are available weekdays and are approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes in length. If you would like to see the Ted Rogers School of Management, the tour may last up to two hours. Tours are not available on weekends, holidays or during University closures.
Join us for a firsthand look in the residences at Ryerson University! This visit will include a presentation about the residence application process and a tour of the residence buildings.
Ryerson Image Centre Tours
Free exhibition tours are available Tuesday through Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
The Ryerson Image Centre exists for the research, teaching and exhibition of photography and related media. Stop by and tour the exhibitions currently on view!
DMZ & Sandbox Tours
Tours are available every other Monday from 1 - 3 p.m., beginning on
Monday, September 12, 2017.
The DMZ, the top-ranked university incubator in North America, and Sandbox work in various areas to foster innovation. Come explore the world of entrepreneurship, and see how we can help you grow your ideas, and develop the skills necessary to succeed as an entrepreneur!
General Campus Tour Information
Where to Meet for a General Campus Tour
- Look for Eggy – Ryerson's Mascot – holding a Campus Tour sign near POD-144.
- Please leave plenty of time for travel to campus. While we will do our best, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate late arrivals.
- Check in for the tour starts 10 minutes before the assigned start time.
What is Included in a General Campus Tour
Our General Campus Tours, which are approximately 1.5 hours, will introduce you to various aspects of the Ryerson experience, including:
- Academics – Gain an understanding of where particular programs are taught
- Student Life – Learn about life at our distinctly urban campus, including student services, student clubs and opportunities to get involved
- Athletics – Visit the Mattamy Athletic Centre at the Gardens, one of two on-campus athletic facilities available to students
Note: The student residence buildings are not included on the General Campus Tour. While we will be showing you where they are located on campus, we will not tour the interior. If you are interested in a Housing Tour please check the external,Student Housing Services visit page.
Frequently Asked Questions
While our Campus Tour route is accessible for those requiring personal mobility devices, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5000 ext. 7904 if you require other accommodations (i.e. ASL interpreter, etc.)
If you are late for your tour, please head directly to POD-144 and we will do our best to connect you with the tour group. While we will do our best, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate late arrivals.
Yes, all tours begin at POD-144 where you will meet your tour guide(s). Guides are current Ryerson students and arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour start time.
Unfortunately, due to the general nature of our campus tours, we are not able to tour each specific on-campus facility. While we do our best to accommodate individual interests, we can not guarantee that specialized spaces on campus will be available to tour during your visit. To connect with future professors, current students from your program of interest and to tour specific spaces, we strongly encourage you to join us at a Ryerson Open House, held every March and November.
There are a number of ways to get to campus if you are coming by public transit.
- TTC - The nearest subway stations are College station and Dundas station.external,
- GO Transit - The nearest stop is Union Station. From there it is a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute subway ride to Dundas Station.external,
- Greyhound bus - The Bay Street bus station is a block west of campus.aexternal,
Our tours are led both indoors and outdoors. During the winter months, we encourage you to dress warmly as there will be portions when you are outside for up to 20 minutes. Please dress appropriately for the current conditions:
We highly recommend you take a few minutes before your tour to check out our newly renovated Hub cafeteria just around the corner from the Jorgenson lobby. They serve wonderful seasonal food with a variety of options to choose from.
Follow undergraduate admissions to get the latest updates.