Take the opportunity to build your skills, create friendships and become an active part of the many exciting things that are happening in the Faculty of Arts and on campus. Getting involved in campus life early on in your undergraduate studies has many benefits. Volunteer and work opportunities allow you to build friendships, develop leadership and interpersonal skills, and may lead to future volunteer and employment opportunities.
Here are just some of the ways you can get involved in your program, the Faculty of Arts, and in other on-campus activities.
- Faculty of Arts Enrollment Workshops: Assist new students in your program with their first experience of course enrollment at Ryerson by being a volunteer for the August Faculty of Arts Enrollment Workshops.
- Faculty of Arts Orientation: As an Orientation Leader volunteer, you will help incoming Faculty of Arts students get to know the campus, learn about their program and what to expect in the first term, make connections with other students, and have fun!
- Faculty of Arts Program Representative: Represent and promote your program to prospective students at one of the many on-campus or off-campus recruitment events, such as Ontario University Fair and Discover Ryerson.
- Faculty of Arts Course Unions: Course Unions bring together students in a specific program, acting as a student council. Course Unions advocate on students' behalf, plan social and educational events with funding that the Ryerson Students Union provides to them. Elections for the Course Unions' executive take place annually in the Spring and a first-year Rep is typically elected in the Fall.
- Campus Life: Whether it's joining a student club or association, participating in sports and recreation, or becoming a mentor or orientation leader, you will find many opportunities to get involved in
Get Involved on Campus
Ryerson Student Union
Sports and Recreation
Contact the Faculty of Arts Student Life & Leadership Coordinator to learn how you can get involved in any of the above activities or to explore which on – campus activities best match your interests and goals.