|PARENTS & GUARDIANS|
|Career Conversation Tips|
|Career Planning Myths & Realities|
Reality: We are not a placement service. Our mission is to empower all students to learn the skills they need to find jobs for themselves throughout their whole career. We want them to reach their potential as highly-skilled professionals. We do this by:
- Empowering students to carve out their careers from before they arrive on campus through to their professional life. For example, our services are free for up to five years after students graduate.
- Providing expertise on the diverse career paths and industry trends related to each program of study. For example, our Career Education Specialists each work with a specific Faculty and focus their efforts on understanding its students’ specific career needs.
- Engaging students to recognize and integrate their co-curricular experiences into their career planning. For example, we collaborate with the student unions, clubs, and societies on events that meet their members’ career needs.
- Fully using our community partnerships to create opportunities for students and industry professionals to meet and benefit from one another. For example, each year we bring dozens of employers onto campus to meet with students face-to-face.
- Providing partnerships, support, and access to students who identify as a member of a traditionally marginalized group. For example, we run workshops with International Student Support to explain Canadian employment etiquette.
- Delivering our programs and services in ways that are accessible across campus and 24 hours a day, seven days a week.