- Biofuel ethanol: all processing steps to convert lignocellulosics (plants and trees) into green ethanol (AFEX pretreatment, enzymatic hydrolysis, ethanolic fermentation, pervaporation).
- Enzymatic hydrolysis: synergy of cellulases; purification and immobilization of cellulases; AFM; binding force between cellulases and cellulose; kinetics of enzymatic catalysis.
- Mixing in enzymatic hydrolysis: rheology of concentrated suspensions of plant fiber materials; modelization of mixing; bioreactor design.
- Recombinant cellulases in transgenic plants: genetic engineering; auto-hydrolysis; enzyme over-production.
- Anaerobic digestion of agricultural and food wastes.
Gu, H., Wu, J., Chan, P., Turcotte, G. and Ye, T. Hydrophobicity modification of polypropylene microfiltration membrane by ozonation. Chem. Eng. Res. Design 90:229-237, 2012.
Aroujalian, A., Belkacemi, K., Davids, S.J., Turcotte, G. and Pouliot, Y. Effect of residual sugars in fermentation broth on pervaporation flux and selectivity for ethanol. Desalination 193:103-108, 2006.
Bae, H.-J., Turcotte, G., Soo Kim, Y., Vezina, L.-P. and Laberge, S. Cel6B of Thermobifidus fusca and a Cel5-CBM6 of Ruminococcus albus containing a cellulose binding site show synergistic effect on hydrolysis of native plant cellulose. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 233(2):325-331, 2004.
Davids, S.J., Yaylayan, V. A. and Turcotte, G. Effect of thermal treatment of incubated potato juice on the formation of Maillard volatiles. Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 38(8):849-856, 2003.
Belkacemi, K., Turcotte, G. and Savoie, P. Aqueous/steam fractionated agricultural residues as substrates for ethanol production. Ind. & Eng. Chem. Res. 41(2):173-179, 2002.