If we require accommodations to ensure that your stay is enjoyable, we ask that our clients provide us with a minimum of two weeks’ notice prior to their event so that we can ensure these supports are available for your function.
If American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation is required for your event, we are happy to make arrangements for those services in consultation with our clients.
All of our staff members have completed training in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Customer Service Standard.
Please click the links below to access all of Ryerson Conference Services & Lodging Accessibility information.
- Room Features and Accommodations
- Food Allergies
- Feedback and Contact Information
1. Accessible Accommodations
We are glad to offer accessible options to our guests upon request.
Please feel free to let us know if we require any alterative accommodations to ensure a pleasant stay with us, and we will be glad to let you know if they can be made available. Some of the accessibility features that can be made available are:
- Height adjusted electrical outlets and heating / ac controls
- Dual door view finders or "peepholes" at wheelchair height
- Fully accessible bathrooms with grab bars, handheld showerheads and wheelchair manoeuvrability
- Roll in showers and shower chairs (Pitman Hall Residence)
- Accessible door locking systems
2. Meeting and Event Rooms
- All of our meeting and conference rooms are readily accessible.
- Our staff are pleased to offer assistance if required.
- Maggie’s Café is fully accessible and features accessible tables of varying heights. It is located at the International Living Learning Centre, 240 Jarvis Street, Toronto.
- Pitman Hall is fully accessible and features a number of additional accessible features. It is located at 160 Mutual Street, Toronto.
4. Building Features
Both of Pittman Hall and the International Living Learning Centre have the following accessibility features:
- Well-lit, wide corridors and hallways
- Power doors at main entrances
- Elevator access to all levels
Conference Services and Lodging is able to offer a wide range of technologies to support the participation of all event guests. Some examples of available technologies are:
1. Video Conferencing
- All videoconferencing systems – PictureTel 970 video
- Conferencing system, polycom VSC 8000 (Ryerson Business Building only), Tanberg 6000 portable unit
- Mini stereo system
- Microphone – directional, omni directional, pressure zone
- Portable powered speaker w/ wireless lavaliere microphone – 20 W
- Traynor speakers – pair, 180 W/speaker
- Small public address system amp, speaker, microphone and floor stand, 100 W
- 35mm slide projector available with slide carousel
- Overhead projector
- Projections screen
These are just a small sampling of the technologies available to our clients. Please feel free to contact Conference Services and Lodging for further information on the technologies that we can make available for your event.
Conference Services and Lodging are committed to assist our customers with food allergies and to make informed food choices by providing accurate and timely ingredient information to the best of our ability.
- However, it is the responsibility of the client and their guests to inform the food services department of any known allergies and special dietary needs.
- We will gladly work with the client to the best of our ability to satisfy their dietary needs. However, we cannot guarantee that products are completely free of ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction.
- Please note that in some cases the food services department may not be able to accommodate specific dietary requests.
Conference Services and Lodging are committed to customer satisfaction. You may provide us with feedback regarding your accessibility experiences in the following ways:
- By telephone at 1-866-592-8882 ( Toll Free - Canada only) or 416- 979-5296
- By fax at 416-979-5241
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at 240 Jarvis Street, Suite 202, Toronto , Ontario M5B 2L1
- In person at 240 Jarvis Street, Suite 202