Read and download content
Read content in D2L
D2L can display certain content directly in your browser, allowing for quick online viewing. Word documents, PDF files, PowerPoint slides and images can be viewed right in D2L. To view a document directly in D2L:
- Click on the name of the content topic/file in the open module.
- The content will display in the browser.
- Click the pop-up icon to open the viewer in a new window.
- Click the left and right arrows to navigate through the content in a particular module or sub-module.
All content can also be downloaded, including content you can view in your browser. To download content:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page with the content and click the download button.
- If you want to bookmark content to review at a later time, first click the name of the content topic you wish to bookmark.
- Click the bookmark icon at the top of the page to save it. The outlined icon will change to a shaded icon when bookmarked. If you click it again, the bookmark will be removed.
- Back on the content page, you’ll see the bookmarked content appear in the Bookmark tab.