Scholarships and Awards
There are many awards available to both new and returning Ryerson University students. Some awards are automatically awarded while others require applications.
The categories below outline what is currently available for undergraduate studies:
- Entrance Scholarships are open to students entering their first year of undergraduate study.
- Program Specific Awards - Each academic program department has its own awards. In addition to the awards, scholarships and bursaries listed on this website, there may be additional funding opportunities available directly through your academic program department.
- Faculty Wide Awards are open to all current undergraduate students within each faculty.
- University Wide Awards are open to all current undergraduate students enrolled in any program of study.
- Special Categories Awards are open to all current undergraduate students who are international students, student athletes, aboriginal students or students with disabilities.
- External Awards - Many external groups, organizations, companies and foundations offer awards to students attending postsecondary institutions.
For information about awards and funding available for graduate studies and continuing education:
Privacy and Use of Information
- Ryerson University collects and uses your personal information to support decisions relating to scholarship, award, bursary eligibility and eligibility for government or other Ryerson University financial assistance programs. We may need to disclose your personal information to limited third parties in order to assist you with financial assistance. For example, we may need to disclose your personal information to government funding agencies to process financial assistance applications, financial institutions to confirm student enrolment and to independent student loan administration companies to process student loan documents. In addition, we may also share some information about award recipients with donors of our awards or may use limited information about you to promote good news in departmental brochures, newsletters or other forms of media. Other than as set out herein, we will not disclose your personal information unless we obtain your prior written consent or unless required by law.
- Ryerson has a policy on protection of personal information and an access to personal information procedure and a privacy complaint process. Refer to www.ryerson.ca/privacy for complete details.
- If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of student information by Ryerson, please contact:
- Secretary to the University Registrar, Office of the Registrar, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3 or by phone at 416-979-5100
The availability and monetary value of all awards, bursaries and scholarships are subject to change. The Student Financial Assistance Office reserves the right to change the listed award, scholarship or bursary information and/or value without notice. Ryerson's awards, scholarships and bursaries are not transferable to other postsecondary institutions.
Awards Subject to Cancellation: Students that withdraw, reduce their courseload, alter their program of study, experience a decline in grades or no longer meet other scholarship eligibility/requirements may have to forfeit all or part of their award. The decision will be made by the Student Financial Assistance Office and will be based on the terms of the award, circumstances leading to the student becoming ineligible and educational costs incurred already. A cancelled award will be a charge against the student's University customer/fee account.