We undertake research on diversity in the workplace and develop applications to improve practices in organizations. Recognizing that diversity is a journey, the Diversity Institute works with organizations to develop customized strategies, programming and resources to promote new, interdisciplinary knowledge and practice about diversity with respect to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and ability.
We collaborate with industry, government, not-for-profits and academics to:
- Research existing practices and evaluate programs;
- Explore barriers to full participation in the workplace;
- Develop fact-based policies and programs to help organizations attract, motivate and develop under-represented groups; and
- Provide customized training to support the development of diversity strategies.
What We Do
We develop seminars, presentations, workshops and resources tailored to meet the needs of organizations.
Highlights of existing programs and resources include:
For Senior Management:
- The Business Case for Diversity
- Diversity and Leadership
- Focus on Women in Management
- Focus on Visible Minorities
- Focus on Sexual Orientation
For Human Resource Professionals:
- Recruitment and Retention
- Survey Findings from Career Advancement in Corporate Canada: Focus on Visible Minorities
- Women in Management–Developing your Personal Brand
For Managers and Supervisors:
- Presentations and workshops aimed at understanding and managing diverse employees