The IEEQB-GS program is available to engineers who have been educated in a country that has entered into an agreement with FEAS. Applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements - TOEFL or MELAB score of 80, or an IELTS score of 6.5.
Completion of the IEEGB-GS program will increase the competiveness of a student’s application for admission into a Ryerson engineering master’s program, however, it should be noted that registration and/or completion of the IEEGB-GS program does not guarantee admission.
As part of the IEEGB-GS program, each student will be assigned an individually tailored academic plan normally spanning 12 to 16 months and including:
- Six-to-eight prerequisite and/or upgrading courses as determined by the graduate program director of the student's engineering discipline;
- English as an additional language (EAL) and/or English as a second language (ESL) courses as determined by the EAL/ESL Program Director; and
- Two-to-four communication courses for improving oral and written English proficiency.
Tuition fees are the same as those charged to international undergraduate special students. Please visit Student Fees for complete information.
In addition, students are responsible for the following:
- A one-time $2,500 equipment charge payable upon registration into the IEEQB-GS program; and
- A one-time research fee of up to $5,000 if the student is accepted into an engineering master's program. This fee will be determined by the student's research/project supervisor, and is payable upon initial registration into the master's program.