Interactive Lectures with Google Slides
How to Start a Q&A Session in Google Slides
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- At the top, next to "Present," click the Down arrow located to the right.
- Click Presenter View.
- To stop accepting new questions, click the on/off switch in the Q&A window.
- You can choose who can submit questions:
In "Presenter view" window, click Audience tools and change "Accepting questions from…" to either Ryerson University or anyone.
Google provides instructions on external,how to use the Q&A feature to accept and present audience questions in your class from your computer, your external,iPhone or iPad or external,Android device.
For general information on external,working with Google Slides to create presentations.
Tips for Using Q&A Session in Google Slides
- The Slides Q&A feature will work on external,desktop computers, including the podium computers in Ryerson classrooms. The feature will also work on external,Android mobile devices, and external,iOS mobile devices.
- Instructors can only use the Google Slides Q&A feature if they have edit or comment access to the Google presentation file. This means if another instructor created and then shared a Google Slides presentation, the instructor would need to have shared their presentation with “can edit” or “can comment” permission for the other instructors to be able to use the Q&A feature in their own class.
- By default, any user with a Ryerson username can submit a question if they have the link. There’s a setting to allow external users (non-Ryerson users) to submit questions by changing the default “Accepting questions from Ryerson University” to “Anyone”. In your Google Slides setting use the drop down arrow to change this setting:
- Students can choose to submit a question anonymously. External (non-Ryerson) users will appear as anonymous by default. Unfortunately, the option to disable anonymous questions cannot be turned off. If this presents a problem for you, we do not recommend use of the Q&A feature at this time.