Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements for Current CGS Holders - SSHRC, NSERC and CIHR
The CGS-MSFSS Program supports high-calibre Canadian graduate students in building global linkages and international networks through the pursuit of exceptional research experiences at recognized universities abroad. By accessing international scientific research and training, CGSMSFSS recipients contribute to strengthening the potential for collaboration between Canadian universities and affiliated research institutions and universities, or other research institutions outside of Canada.
Funding supplements are available to active CGS master’s, CGS doctoral or eligible Vanier CGS holders to help offset the costs of undertaking research studies outside Canada for a defined period.
$6,000. Supplements are non-renewable. The defined research study period abroad to be covered by the supplement must be for a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months.
September 25, 2017.
Applications are to be submitted to the Yeates School of Graduate Studies.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline;
- Be registered at an eligible Canadian institution at time of application;
- Undertake your proposed trip abroad no earlier than the competition deadline date;
- Not hold or have held any other foreign study supplements during the course of your graduate studies; and
- have accepted or hold one of the following:
- a master’s- or doctoral-level Frederick Banting and Charles Best CGS (CIHR);
- a master’s- or doctoral-level Alexander Graham Bell CGS (NSERC);
- a master’s- or doctoral-level Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS (SSHRC); or
- a Vanier CGS.