Applying for your graduate studies program
Once you’ve selected your program(s), reviewed admission requirements and used the document checklist to prepare your application, you can begin the application process. We strongly recommend applying as soon as possible but check the appropriate program website(s) for specific deadlines.
At Ryerson, all graduate applications are submitted online. Submitting a complete application package is a two-part process: 1) submitting your application through OUAC and 2) uploading your documents. Our system is easy-to-use and saves you time. The online system is mandatory; we do not accept paper applications mailed to the Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Office.
Follow the steps below to apply online:
Gather all the required documents for your specific program(s) of choice. Allocate approximately one hour to complete the application. You may submit the OUAC application form before you have completed gathering all of your application material.
Complete the online application. You will be required to create an account and pay a non-refundable application fee ($110 per program; $150 for the MBA program).
- Once your application has been submitted, you cannot change the program(s) you originally selected. Please make sure to apply to the correct program;
- An online account will be created for you in our student information system called RAMSS within 1-2 business days; and
- Make sure to check all junk and spam mail as e-mails containing upload instructions will be sent from RAMSS within 2-3 business days from the time you submit your application and payment to the OUAC.
Once you have submitted your online application, you will be emailed instructions within 2-3 business days on how to create your online identity and upload your required documents electronically. Please ensure your documents are clearly labeled before they are uploaded.
If you applied last year, you will be required to submit the new application summary and fee as well as any updated documents.
- The only file format that will be accepted is PDF.
- All materials, including transcripts submitted to Ryerson, become the property of the university and will not be returned.
Once you have gathered all of your required documents and activated your online identity, you can login to the Applicant Upload portal and begin the upload process.
*Unfortunately, you will not be able to upload documents as of Friday, Dec. 19, 2014 at 4 p.m. as Ryerson University is closed for the Mid-Year Winter Break. You can start uploading documents again on Monday, Jan. 5, 2015 at 10 a.m. when Ryerson University re-opens.
Once you have successfully uploaded all of your required documents, your application will enter the review process.
Monitor the status of your application through your student centre in RAMSS and through the Applicant Upload portal. Generally, offers of admission begin mid- to late- March and continue throughout the spring and summer.
|How to apply|
|Prepare your application|
|Upload your documents|