Are you an Internationally Educated Nurse?
International applicants are required to meet the same admission requirements and deadlines as all other applicants.
If you have studied outside of Canada, we will use your institution’s grading scale. Please be sure to include your grading scale as a part of your application. If necessary, your institution/country's grading scale may be translated using Ontario admissions guidelines. Please contact Graduate Admissions if you would like further information on your country’s grading scale.
International candidates must submit with their application proof of current registration or a letter from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) indicating their eligibility to write the licensing examination. Applications missing this documentation will not be considered for admission.
Official English translations must accompany all non-Canadian academic records not written in English. An official English Language translation must be done by a certified translator.
How to Apply
Download the MN Application Guide and Checklist [PDF] for complete instructions.
To complete the application process, you’ll need:
- To meet the Yeates School of Graduate Studies’ standard requirements for admission
- Language proficiency scores, if your undergraduate training was in a language other than English. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that one of the acceptable tests is taken. We strongly urge applicants to write one of the tests as early as possible since test results take 4-6 weeks to reach the university.
- A Statement of Interest of up to 3 pages
- Transcripts from each post-secondary institution you’ve attended
- A professional curriculum vitae
- Two confidential Letters of Recommendation
For the current International Fees schedule, please click here.