Admission to the MN Thesis Stream
To be considered for admission to the Master of Nursing thesis stream, you must meet the minimum program requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing, or its equivalent
- A minimum CGPA or equivalent of 3.00 (B) overall with 3.00 (B) average in the last two years or 20 graded courses of study.
Admission to Ryerson’s graduate nursing thesis stream is highly competitive. We look for applicants who have good academic standing in nursing and non-nursing subjects. Strong preference is given to students with a 3.67 (A-) average or above in the final half of their undergraduate nursing program or last 20 one-term/semester courses.
How to Apply
Download the Application Guide and Checklist for complete instructions. [PDF]
Download a "Sample" version of the Recommendations Form that identifies the criteria that referees are required to rank [PDF].
To complete the application process, you’ll need:
- To meet the Yeates School of Graduate Studies’ standard requirements for admission
- Proof of current registration or registration eligibility with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Language proficiency scores, if your undergraduate training was in a language other than English
- A Statement of Interest of up to 3 pages
- A brief description of your Proposed Research
- Transcripts from each post-secondary institution you’ve attended
- A professional curriculum vitae
- Two confidential Letters of Recommendation
When to Apply
Complete applications received by the posted first-consideration deadline date (normally January 19) are given priority for admissions and funding.
The program will continue to consider applications until the program is full or formally closes, which is normally in early June. Find out whether the program is still open here.
View key dates [PDF]