Have an early exam or need to stay overnight on campus to work on a project? Ryerson's Commuter Hostel offers short-term accommodations in our International Living Learning Centre during the academic year (September-April). We are now accepting bookings for Fall 2017 only.
Before submitting requests: you must first read over all information below, and be logged into your My Ryerson account to access either form.
- Commuter Hostel is open September 4th to December 16th (Dec 15th is the final bookable night).
- Booking requests are not confirmed bookings. We process requests within 2 business days; accepted bookings are emailed a confirmation number to show at check-in.
- Commuter Hostel is open to current Ryerson students, staff, and faculty only.
- All guests must be familiar with and agree to abide by our Community Standards and the policies outlined in our Contract.
- All guests must check-in with their OneCard or government-issue photo ID.
- Booking requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of intended check-in date.
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday night booking requests must be made by 5pm of the previous Thursday.
- Guests can stay a maximum of 3 nights in a row, 9 nights total in a month.
- Not a current Ryerson student or looking for a longer stay? Check out temporary or short-term accommodation options near Ryerson.
- Students: $35/night for single, $45/night for double ($22.50 each), payment made via RAMSS. No taxes.
- Both guests in double room must be current Ryerson students; $45 room charge will be split and charged to both students' accounts equally on RAMSS.
- Staff/faculty: $60+HST/night for single and double, payment made via credit card
- All guests must be familiar with and agree to abide by our Community Standards and the policies outlined in our Contract as well as on this page. Submitting a booking request indicates that you have read and agree to our policies. Failure to comply can result in eviction, fees, and/or banning from future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- Commuter Hostel is located at Ryerson's International Living Learning Residence at 240 Jarvis St.
- Check-in between 4pm-midnight; check-out at 11am—at the ILC Service Desk on the ground floor.
- No early check-in or late check-out.
- Guests will receive their key and wristband at check-in. Guests are expected to wear their wristband at all times to access the residence during their stay. Guests must return key and wristband at check-out.
- Students staying in Commuter Hostel are not permitted to have visitors. Commuter Hostel student guests found having visitors will be required to leave immediately with their visitor and will be banned from making future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- Rooms include: a double-bed with linens, pull-out sofa, ensuite bathroom with towels and basic toiletries. A hairdryer can be signed-out from the ILC Service Desk. Single rooms and double rooms share the same inventory.
- Local phone and wifi available in room.
- No parking or luggage storage available.
- Doors do not lock behind them; guests must lock door upon entry and exit.
- If you experience any issues during your stay, please visit the ILC Service Desk or call 7700 from your room phone. Limited quantities of extra amenities, including toilet paper, are available at the Service Desk.
- Hungry during your stay? Check out the ILC Mutual St Eatery for cafeteria options (ground floor).
- For access to a TV, visit the After 7 Lounge (ground floor).
- All bookings must be cancelled in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm at least 1 day prior to the scheduled arrival date, otherwise the booking charge will be charged for no-show.
- All modifications must be made in writing to email@example.com. A booking charge may apply if the modification is requested within 24 hours of scheduled arrival date.