Whether to honour award recipients or to commemorate a special occasion, Ryerson celebrations are a fun way to get to know people from across the university. Attend with your team or brave going solo and see how many new people you can meet!
- Recognition events happen throughout the year to celebrate award recipients and service milestones.
- Towards the end of each calendar year, the President's Office hosts a holiday celebration - look out for details on the Ryerson upcoming events page.
- Towards the end of February, look for information about the annual International Community Celebration.
Equity groups and learning
Equity, diversity and inclusion are an important component of Ryerson’s identity and values. Different community networks, committees and learning events run throughout the year and are a great way to connect with like-minded individuals in other areas of the university.
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) offer a series of noon-hour moderated panel discussions called Soup and Substance.
- The Office of EDI also run the Dine and Discourse series, where expert guest speakers address cultural or social topics that are then discussed over an interactive working lunch.
- Check out the different community networks and committees supported by the Office of EDI.
- The Centre for Women and Trans People provides advocacy and resources and hosts discussion groups and other events from a feminist and trans-positive perspective, and is open to the entire Ryerson community including students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Enjoy the benefits of campus life and balance work with leisure by getting involved with athletics and sustainability initiatives.
- Cheer for our athletes when you attend a Rams game at the Mattamy Athletic Centre, free with your OneCard.
- Take advantage of special membership rates with Ryerson Recreation.
- Bring your family or friends out for a community skate, which run monthly during the colder seasons.
- There are lots of ways to benefit from the Ryerson Urban Farm, a group of students, faculty and staff who operate Ryerson’s produce gardens. Join the gardening club, request a tour or purchase their produce at the weekly Farmers’ Market on Gould Street (seasonal).
When you volunteer for events or committees on campus, you benefit from working with a diverse cross-section of people from across the university while giving back to the community. Keep your ears perked for these opportunities and don’t hesitate to get involved!