Ryerson Interprofessional Student Association
RISA, the RU Interprofessional supported student group, works to raise the awareness of interprofessional education and collaboration across the campus.
Interprofessional education is about preparing students to work collaboratively across professional boundaries by exposing them to opportunities to learn with, from and about each other across programs. The expectation is that by being more aware of the scopes of practice of other health care and community service professionals, students are better prepared to form collaborative health care teams once they graduate, and that this will lead to improved client care.
All FCS students are welcome to come out to the RISA meetings. To find out when the next one is, just email email@example.com
The Executive team for the 2016/2017 academic year is:
- Co-chairs: Katrina Arellano and Lauren Lovold
- Administration & Finance Coordinator (Élyse Comeau)
- Communications Coordinator: Chantelle Oostwoud
- Events Coordinators: Christine Daley
- Members-at-large (max. 1 member per FCS program)
- Daphne Mazarura (Urban & Regional Planning)
- Jeric Barlongo (Nursing)
- Jennifer Chang (Food & Nutrition)