Security Incidents & Bulletins
All Ryerson Students, Faculty & Staff receive Security Incident notices directly via email.
This measure is part of Ryerson’s commitment to continually enhance the safety and security of our community.
Security Incident emails include a direct link to detailed information about safety and Security Incidents that are of particular concern to the Ryerson community. It is our goal to transmit Security Incident notices within 1-2 business days of certain incidents occurring on or near campus, specifically:
- Certain assaults, including sexual assault and robbery;
- Incidents of hate promotion and/or hate literature;
- Attempts to commit assault, robbery or hate promotion; Some serial connected crimes
- Notices of violent crime from Toronto Police Services from 51 and 52 division that are reported to have occurred within Ryerson’s Walk Safe Program boundaries
Occasionally, we may also send you Security Incident emails with updates on arrests and case closures.
At Ryerson, we believe an informed community is a safer community.
If you have any questions about the process, procedures or content of Security Incidents, please refer to the Security Incidents FAQ: You can also email Security at email@example.com.
If you wish to opt-out of the Security Incident emails, you may do so by visiting: Security Incident opt-out and following the steps below:
1. Log into your account.
2. Click on “Manage my Online Resources: Self-serve password change & resource requests”.
3. Click on “Opt-out from Mass Mail Lists”.
4. Put a check mark in the “Security Incident Email”.
5. Click “Update Subscription Preferences”.
If have trouble logging into my.ryerson.ca or do not remember your password, you can contact Computing and Communications Services (CCS) at "firstname.lastname@example.org" or 416-979-5000 Ext. 6806 for assistance.