Standard Operating Procedures
- Contamination Monitoring
- Procedures for Action Levels
- Procedures for TLD Badges
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Security Procedures for Radioactive Material
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Administrative Monetary Penalties Regulations (Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission)
- General Nuclear Safety and Control Regulations
- Nuclear Non-proliferation Import and Export Control Regulations
- Nuclear Security Regulations
- Nuclear Substances and Radiation Devices Regulations
- Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations
- Radiation Protection Regulations
The Radiation Safety Program outlines the requirements and procedures established by the University for work with ionizing and non ionizing substances and devices. It is designed to provide information to safely work with these materials by following regulatory requirements and internal standard operating protocols. The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) issues Ryerson University a Consolidated licence for all its ionizing radioactive materials.
All work conducted by University members with ionizing radioactive materials on University premises or under the control of the University require a Radiation Permit. Overall control of the program is through the University Radiation Safety Committee with administrative and technical support being provided by the Radiation Safety Officer in the Integrated Risk Management department.