Upcoming laser safety training sessions for users of Class 3b and/or 4 lasers on campus.
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Time: 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Location: JOR 1100
To register, please use the Registration Form
Note: Any current users can attend this training as a refresher. Refresher training is required every three years.
Training slides for download
- Module 1 - Basics of lasers & laser safety
- Module 2 - Biological hazards
- Module 3 - Non-beam hazards
- Module 4 - Control measures
- Module 5 - Laser safety program
- Module 6 - Acidents/emergencies
- All training slides (PDF Portfolio - must save & open in Adobe reader as most browser add-ons cannot open a portfolio)
Manuals & Procedures
Laser Equipment Registration and Inventory Form - one form per laser unit
ALL lasers, regardless of Class, are required to be registered with the Laser Safety Officer prior to the start of any work.