Undergraduate Dean’s List Criteria
- Each faculty will establish an annual Dean’s List for students enrolled in undergraduate programs in that Faculty.
- Each Dean will establish a GPA requirement for their Faculty. While this GPA must be a minimum of 3.5 for the academic year (Fall and Winter terms for full time program students), a Dean may establish a GPA requirement that is higher than 3.5.
- Students must have all passing grades and a Clear academic standing for both terms. They cannot have received any Disciplinary Notices (DN) while at Ryerson.
- Criteria for Dean’s List must be published on each Faculty’s website.
- Dean’s lists will be published annually on the Faculty websites.
Full time undergraduate program students:
- To be eligible for consideration for the Dean’s List, students in full-time programs must have carried an average unit load of 4.0 billing units or higher for the Fall and Winter terms.
Part time undergraduate program students:
- To be eligible for consideration for the Dean’s List, students in part-time programs must have completed a specified number of courses deemed to be the equivalent of a full year of study in the program in which the Student is registered.
- Part time program students may qualify for Dean’s List honours an Equivalent number of times as students enrolled in similar full time programs.
- Part time program students may qualify for Dean’s List honours at the end of any term upon having completed the requisite number of courses.
- Transcripts for part time program students will show the Dean’s List honour in the term it is awarded, however it is understood that these students’ names will be published with the names of full time undergraduate program students, i.e., at the end of winter term.