About the Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
Ryerson’s Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing prepares students for rewarding nursing careers supporting the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
A hub for advancing nursing knowledge and transforming practice, we have built a strong reputation for excellence in nursing education.
Our undergraduate nursing programs prepare students to play a critical role in treatment and recovery for patients, and to support broader public health goals, including health promotion and illness prevention.
Our graduate nursing programs offer professional nurses rewarding opportunities for practice, education and research:
- Our Master of Nursing (MN) opens the door to advancement in education and policy, management and leadership, and academics.
- Our PHNCP Certificate will prepare you to work as a nurse practitioner in community health, NP-led clinics, long term and palliative care, family health teams and more.
- Our Combined MN/PHNCP Certificate makes it possible to earn a MN while training as a nurse practitioner.
We provide unmatched learning opportunities to our students, connecting theory with practice in a range of clinical practice settings. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we are surrounded by:
- leading-edge university teaching hospitals
- research institutes
- community health organizations
- primary health care organizations
We challenge our students to develop the knowledge, skills and judgement needed to take their careers to the next level. Our graduates go on to play an active role in shaping Canada’s health care future.