Registered dietitians are qualified to:
- Practice professionally and ethically, according to regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Provide services to meet the nutrition-care needs of individuals and groups.
- Communicate effectively and practice collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams in health care and other sectors.
- Promote the nutrition health of groups, communities and populations.
- Manage programs, projects and services related to dietetics.
- Participate in practice-based research.
- Provide nutrition education and counselling in a wide range of practice settings.
Dietitians find rewarding employment opportunities in:
- Hospital and community based settings
- Community and public health organizations
- Government agencies
- Food industry
- Private sector health companies
- Consulting firms
- Not-for-profit and non-governmental food and health charities and organizations
- Education and research
- Private practice