Today’s dietitians need advanced nutrition communication knowledge and skills to flourish in a wide array of careers ranging from hospital- and community-based practice to industry, e-health and beyond.
Nutrition Communication graduates who are dietitians, or who complete the Accredited Practicum option and become dietitians, are qualified to:
- Provide nutritional care and counselling for clients/patients.
- Create, implement, and evaluate nutrition communication, knowledge translation and health promotion strategies.
- Develop and implement program planning and policy in a broad range of settings.
Our graduates find rewarding employment opportunities in:
- Family health teams
- Community health centres
- Community and public health organizations
- Government agencies
- Food industry
- Private sector health companies
- Consulting firms
- Not-for-profit and non-governmental food and health charities and organizations