Policy Document Title
Include the following information in the Policy Document:
- Related Documents: Title of all related document(s) such as procedures, schedules, or forms, and links to the document(s).
- Owner: Owner’s role and/or department.
- Approver: Approver’s role such as Vice President Administration and Finance or Board of Governors.
- Approval Dates: Date of initial approval followed by date(s) of policy reviews where the Approver approved the changes.
- Describe policy's objective.
1. Paragraph Header*
a) Sub-section Header
i. Sub-sub section Header
A. Sub-sub-sub section Header
*Consider numbering each paragraph for ease of reference.
II. Scope and Application
- Describe to whom or to what the policy applies.
- Note any excluded groups or areas if relevant.
- Provide key terms, abbreviations, and acronyms associated with the policy.
- Include specific terms that are important to understand the policy.
- Provide focused statements describing the intent, governing principles or desired results related to the stated purpose.
- Use simple, straightforward language.
- Include reference to applicable policy principles described in the Administrative Policy Framework.
V. Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifies the roles and responsibilities of employees, students, or others, as related to the policy.
- Does not include a repetition of who the Owner and Approver is, unless the role has additional and specific responsibilities as related to the policy.