Early Childhood Studies (BA)
Part of the Faculty of Community Services
- Full-Time, Four-Year
- Full-Time, Direct Entry
- Part-Time, Direct Entry
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Arts
Ontario Secondary School Students:
2016 Grade Range for Admission / Wait List Consideration: 75-78%*
The development, health and well-being of children in our society are strongly influenced by the work of early childhood educators. These individuals support children’s learning and growth in the early years, and for life. Ryerson graduates in this rewarding field make a meaningful difference in the lives of children and families from diverse backgrounds.
This program selects students on the basis of academic achievement/grades only. Additional non-academic requirements are not required for admission consideration.
Thinking of applying? Make sure the program is still accepting applications.
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2017 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees
Domestic Fees Range: $7,248 - $7,826
International Fees Range: $23,604 - $23,634
Part-Time Format (One to Eight or More Courses)
Domestic Fees Range: $668 - $5,457
International Fees Range: $2,234 - $17,987
For detailed fees information visit Fees by Program.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred).
- One grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U or M Mathematics or Science course (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, SCH3U, SPH3U, SBI3U, SNC3M, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U, PSE4U/PSK4U, SBI4U, SCH4U, SPH4U, SES4U, SNC4M, SVN3M).
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 70-75% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Admission Requirements Overview.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma from a public Ontario College or equivalent, with minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA PLUS
- All applicants must have completed three lower level one-term (or equivalent) liberal studies courses at the university level with minimum B- (70%) grades. Please note the following liberal studies restrictions:
- College General Education courses cannot be used as substitutions for university level liberal studies courses.
- One of the lower level liberal studies courses must be an English subject.
- These courses cannot be part of the ECE diploma studies
- These courses cannot be an introductory level Psychology or Sociology.