Health Information Management (BHA)
Part of the Ted Rogers School of Management
- Part-Time, Degree Completion Program
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Health Administration
Behind every effective health-care institution is a robust system for managing health services information. Health information managers are proficient at collecting, storing, processing, analyzing and communicating information that is used to plan, research, provide and evaluate health-care services. Ryerson graduates have in-depth knowledge of today’s evolving health information environment, and understand how to provide efficient and cost-effective health-care services.
This is a Grades-Plus program. In addition to the academic requirements listed below, this program selects students on the basis of grades PLUS non-academic requirements.
Thinking of applying? Make sure the program is still accepting applications.
Tuition and Fees
Part-Time Format (One to Eight or More Courses)
Domestic Fees Range: $679 - $5,510
International Fees Range: $2,245 - $18,040
For detailed fees information visit Fees by Program.
- Stream A: Graduation from a health record/health information CHIMA-accredited or recognized diploma program from a public Ontario College (or equivalent), with a grade average of 3.0/B/70% or higher AND at least two years of cumulative, current professional experience in health information management or health information technology. Documentation of professional registration/certification with the CHIMA is required.
- Stream B: Graduation from a three-year Advanced Diploma program in applied health sciences (e.g. nursing, medical laboratory technology, chiropody, radiology) from a public Ontario College (or the equivalent), with a grade average of 3.0/B/70% or higher. The diploma must include a one-year introductory, university-level humanities course or equivalent.
Completion of at least two years of study in a health-related undergraduate degree program, or completion of a degree in another field, from an accredited university.
At least two years of cumulative, current professional experience in health information management or health information technology. (Potential students with other post-secondary academic backgrounds and extensive professional experience in the field of health information management will be considered on an individual basis.)
- Note: Applicants with other post-secondary academic backgrounds and extensive work experience in the field will be considered on an individual basis.
Reminder: The following must also be submitted to Undergraduate Admissions. Visit Submission of Documents for access to the Document Upload page and instructions:
- Academic transcripts including promotion/graduation status of all post-secondary studies (excluding Ryerson). High school transcripts are not required for this program. Mature Student guidelines do not apply.
- A completed Ryerson Supplementary Form
Exception: If you have already attended this program and are applying for readmission or reinstatement, a completed application, an updated resume and Supplementary Form are required.
- Documentation of Professional Registration/Certification (where applicable)
Winter, Spring and Fall 2017 applicants please note: After you submit your application for admission, have accessed your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal, and have activated your Ryerson Online Identity, you will be required to upload the above documents as well as your academic transcripts. Visit the Submission of Documents page for access to the Document Upload Page and instructions.