Nursing (BScN) > Four-Year Collaborative Program (Ryerson, Centennial, George Brown)
Part of the Faculty of Community Services
- Full-Time, Four-Year
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
Ontario Secondary School Students:
2016 Grade Range for Admission / Wait List Consideration:
- Ryerson: 87-92%+
- Centennial: 83-88%+
- George Brown: 83-88%+
Our evolving attitudes and approaches towards illness and wellness are reshaping our health-care system – and in the process, creating exciting new possibilities for nurses. Beyond the critical role they play in facilitating treatment and recovery for patients, registered nurses are increasingly involved in health and promotion and illness prevention. Ryerson graduates in this demanding but rewarding field are competent and caring health professionals who can think critically, analyze reflectively and apply theory to practice using a variety of intellectual, communication, teamwork and technical skills.
This program selects students on the basis of academic achievement/grades only. Additional non-academic requirements are not required for admission consideration.
Thinking of applying? Make sure the program is still accepting applications.
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for Fall 2017 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Ryerson reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees
Domestic Fees Range: $7,478 - $8,054
International Fees Range: $24,731 - $24,763
For detailed fees information visit Fees by Program.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent (see Alternative/Equivalent Standing below) with a minimum six Grade 12 U/M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Biology (SBI4U)
- Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, MCV4U, MDM4U, MHF4U).
- Applicants who have been absent from full-time formal education for a period of ten years or longer may be required to repeat prerequisite subjects to ensure currency of knowledge and preparedness for the program.
- Applicants with prior university or college study must present a minimum CGPA of 2.33 (C+) and be considered 'In Good Standing' with no failures in core prerequisite subjects in order to be considered. Higher CGPA's/averages may be required subject to competition.
- Only applications to the first year of the Nursing program will be considered, and consideration is limited to applicants without prior post-secondary studies in Nursing. Advanced standing for students with prior Nursing studies cannot be considered. In addition, RPN diploma holders ineligible for Bridging-to-University programs and applicants who have completed a nursing degree will not be considered for admission.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: