A semester abroad may not be ideal for your circumstances. Instead, you can check out some of the summer programs abroad organized by our institutional partners.
Whether it’s an experiential learning experience, opening the doors to another language and culture, or a for-credit research or course-based learning opportunity, this could be a summer experience like no other. Summer programs are generally regarded as ‘Study Abroad’ programs that are distinct from exchanges. This means you pay tuition and/or program fees directly to the host institution.
OUI Summer Programs
Popular summer abroad programs for Ryerson students are offered through external,Ontario Universities International (OUI). They provide funding for all participants. Study a language, carry out research or learn about local culture through summer programs offered at partner universities in external,China, external,India, external,Germany, or external,France.
- external,OBW Summer Language Program – 4 weeks in the International Lake Constance Summer school located in the Baden-Wurttemberg province to learn about German language and culture.
- external,OBW Summer Research Program – 2–3 months of research, for students in science, engineering, and health science disciplines.
- external,OIN Study India Program - A 4-week program offered by Symbiosis International University, Pune in August that introduces Indian culture, history and philosophy.
- external,OIN Internships Program - An 8-12-week internship program with local NGOs based in Mumbai and Delhi. These are usually of interest to students enrolled in Human Rights, Development, Political Science, Arts and Culture programs.
- external,OIN Short-term Research Program - An 8 to 12-week research program that can be undertaken at any time in the calendar year. It is intended for students with defined research projects in the arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences, engineering, and technology. The on-campus research project is conducted under the supervision of a professor at an OIN partner college or university in India.
- external,OJS Summer Research Program - Opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to carry out a 4-month research project at one of the ten participating universities in Jiangsu Province.
- external,OJS Summer Language, History and Culture Program - 4 weeks (May-June) held at Nanjing University that includes introductory Mandarin classes, cultural excursions, classes, and activities.
- external,OJS Summer Language and Food Culture Program - 4 weeks (May-June) held at Jiangnan University, focusing on Chinese craft, culture & history, and food, tea and wine culture.
- external,OJS Social Innovation Summer Design School - June-July held at Jiangnan University, with a special project focus every year.
- external,OJS China Studies Program - 4-week program (July) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University focusing on social change in China.
- external,OJS Intensive Mandarin Program - 4-week intensive language program (July-August) at Nanjing Normal University for students wishing to improve their Mandarin language comprehension and speaking capabilities.
- external,ORA Summer Language Program - A 4-week language program held in the Rhone-Alpes region at St. Etienne University (CILEC) in July-August.
- external,ORA Summer Engineering, Physics, and Language School - A 6-week program (June-July) at Université Grenoble Alpes focusing on either engineering or physics, with an additional French language component.
- external,ORA Summer Research Program - A 3-month research opportunity for students in science, engineering, and health science disciplines.
How to Apply to a Summer Program
To apply for the OUI summer programs you must complete the application form found on each program's website and submit it to Ryerson International (email@example.com) directly.
Summer 2017 Application Deadlines:
The deadline for the OBW (Germany) and ORA (France) Summer Research Programs is December 1st, 2016.
The deadline for all other programs is January 31st, 2017.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive credit for your time abroad, it is strongly recommended that you complete the Letter of Permission (LOP) process prior to departure.
Some faculties and academic departments offer field trip components as an integral part of the curriculum within particular courses (examples include Urban & Regional Planning, Architecture, RTA School of Media, and more). These are organized and hosted by the faculty and academic department directly.