After your presentation, you will be contacted by the SIF Administrator to inform you of the amount of funds you have been granted (this will take approximately 7 days). The approved funds will then be transferred to a SIF Special Project cost centre, which is set up through Ryerson Financial Services. The SIF Administrator will email you your cost-centre after it has been created.
Please note, all Financial and Human Resources documents must be filled out by your Project Supervisor.
Making Purchases / Receiving Reimbursements
As a large institution responsible for managing many budgets, Ryerson has a strict set of policies and guidelines surrounding any kind purchase, and you will have to follow these guidelines to use your SIF funding.
The following are the most common methods for payment used for SIF funded projects:
Petty Cash Reimbursement
You make a purchase using your own money, then fill out a Petty Cash Reimbursement form, have it signed by your project supervisor, and take the completed form to the Staff/Faculty Cash Office (POD-66).
- This method only works for reimbursements that are UNDER $100.
- You will receive your money at the time you submit the form.
- For more information about Petty Cash Reimbursements, please click here.
Faculty and Staff Cash Office Hours of Operations
Monday – Thursday: 10:30am-3:30pm
You make a purchase using your own money, then fill out a Cheque Requisition Form (which can be found on this page), have it signed by your project supervisor, and submit the completed form to Ryerson Financial Services (1 Dundas Street West, 9th Floor).
- This method is for reimbursements that are OVER $100.
- It will take 4-6 weeks to receive your money; you will be mailed a cheque (to the address you include on the form).
- For more information about making cheque requisitions, please click here.
Ryerson will make the payment directly to an external party. You need to work with your Departmental Assistant, Chair, or other full-time staff member who can access Ryerson’s Oracle program to access this option.
- The entire process can take 45 days to complete, so plan ahead.
If you need help with accessing your funds, please talk to your staff supervisor, or contact Ryerson Financial Services directly:
Ryerson Financial Services
1 Dundas St. West 9th Floor Toronto, ON, M5G 1Z3
8:30am – 4:30pm