What is Strategic Learning?
- A collaborative approach in which you and the learning strategist work together to find learning strategies that are compatible with your unique learning style.
- We will use practical material (your course work, readings and assignments) to develop strategies to improve areas such as:
- Reading comprehension
- Identifying main ideas and important information
- Writing skills
- Research skills
- Study Skills
- Time management and organization
- Test / exam preparation and test / exam taking
- Test / exam anxiety
- Concentration and Attention
Who is eligible for referral to Learning Strategies support through the Access Centre?
- Access Centre registrants are referred by their Accommodation Facilitator.
How often do I meet with the Learning Strategist and for how long?
- Appointment frequency is determined by the Learning Strategist
- Appointments are 40 minutes long.
How do I make an appointment?
- Your initial appointment is booked through your Accommodation Facilitator.
- Subsequent appointments are booked directly with your Learning Strategist.