What is RU noted?
RU noted! is the student note-taking program at Ryerson University. It is a confidential service offered through the Access Centre for registered students who are eligible to receive this classroom accommodation. Students requiring a note-taker as an academic accommodation are matched with a student volunteer who provides his/her notes for each class.
If you require a student note-taker for the upcoming semester, please complete the Student Note-Taking Request Form.
If you would like to be a student note-taker, sign-up on the RU noted! website.
Information for Students Requesting Notes
How do I request a note-taker?
- Confirm on your Accommodation Form for Professors that student note-taking is one of your accommodations.
- Provide a copy of the Student Note-Taking Program Announcement to your professor (emailed to you by your facilitator).
- Complete the Student Note-Taking Request Form.
- When a note-taker is found, you will be notified.
What if a student note-taker does not come forward?
This happens sometimes. Here are steps to problem-solve:
- Speak to your professor and ask if he/she will make another announcement to the class.
- If you're comfortable doing so, ask a classmate if he/she would be willing to apply as a student note-taker.
- Should these steps not result in a student note-taker coming forward within a week or two, please contact your Facilitator to explore other options.
How do I access my notes?
**If you have difficulty accessing the notes on Blackboard, please email RUnoted@ryerson.ca
When will notes be posted?
Your notes should be posted within 48 hours of the class. If your notes do not seem to be posted in a timely manner, please email RUnoted@ryerson.ca
Monday, Dec. 30th Applications for RU noted! open
Monday, Jan.6th Winter courses begin
Friday, Feb.14th Last day to apply for note-taker for Winter semester