Social Venture Prize – Startup funding for Social Entrepreneurship
The Faculty of Arts has created the Social Venture Prize to support Faculty of Arts students working on community-based projects and students who are incubating social innovation projects in the Social Ventures Zone or within the Zone Learning network. The purpose of the funding is to advance an initiative and support the start-up costs, it is not intended to be used as a salary. The prize is funded by individual donors, the Brookfield Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Ryerson University.
- Startup Funds: 2 prizes of $1500 to be given for initiatives that are in the early stage, to advance their businesses to the next stage.
- Development Funds: 1 prize of $3000 to be given for initiatives that are in the ‘development’ stage, to advance their business plan to advance the enterprise to market.
Applicants must have a clear academic standing and be a Ryerson undergraduate, graduate or continuing education student.
Applicants must be enrolled in the Social Ventures Zone OR the Zone Learning Network AND registered in CEDZ100; OR be a full time Faculty of Arts student.
If it is a team application, at least one member of the team must be a Ryerson student and meet the eligibility conditions
Applicants who have received the award previously are not eligible to apply in the same calendar year
Nonprofit/charitable organizations that do not yet have a charitable designation can partner with a charitable organization to receive funds
- Personal capacity, team profile: 25%
- Business plan and budget (degree of innovation, potential impact, financial sustainability, and timeline with deliverables for 4 months after receipt of funds): 75%
Applications to Include:
- Completed application form
Application Deadline for 2017
- Applications close November 30th, 2017
- Winners will be notified by December 11th, 2017
- Prize winners will be required to submited receipts and a report 6 months after receiving the prize money
If you have any questions regarding the prize and/or application process, please contact Sarah Brigel, firstname.lastname@example.org