Skip to main content
students in the hallway

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the deadline to apply for programs?

Applying to university can be confusing, but we’ve streamlined the process!  Visit Applying to Ryerson for step-by-step instructions on how to apply, to see what academic program piques your interest, what academic and non-academic requirements are needed and what programs are still accepting applications.

How much does it cost to attend TRSM?

Tuition fees vary depending on the program, if accommodations are needed and if you are attending from out of province or country. To learn more about the fees, finances and the cost of attending TRSM, visit Ryerson University’s admissions page.

What are the differences between a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)?

The Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) degree originated in Britain and traditionally involves majoring in a specialized area of business, such as accounting or finance, both of which can be studied at the School of Accounting & Finance. A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is intended to provide students with more general knowledge in all the functional areas of business, and may or may not include a major. At this time, TRSM and Ryerson University do not offer BBA degrees.

At TRSM, the School of Accounting & Finance, Ted Rogers School of Business Management, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management, Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and Ted Rogers School of Retail Management are all BComm programs. The School of Health Services Management is a degree-completion program.

What is a degree-completion program? Do I need to have completed post-secondary education first?

Degree completion means that your previous education (diploma or degree) will constitute years one and two of a four-year Bachelor degree, and your work in school will be equal to years three and four. TRSM currently offers a part-time Bachelor of Health Administration degree-completion at the School of Health Services Management. Students enroll in either the Health Services Management program or Health Information Management program.

What types of graduate programs are available?

TRSM offers three innovative graduate degrees, including an MBA Global, MBA in the Management of Technology and Innovation and a Masters in Management Science (MMSc) in the Management of Technology and Innovation. Ryerson University also offers graduate studies, where you can earn your master’s or PhD.

Is financial assistance available?

Financial assistance is available through OSAP and the many great student awards and scholarships at TRSM and Ryerson University. For more information, visit student financial assistance to learn about resources available to help you meet your financial needs.

Are there campus tours for visitors and prospective students?

Discover TRSM and Ryerson University through a Discover Ryerson tour. Tours are designed to provide you with general information about Ryerson, while helping you get an inside perspective on a specific program. Tours are offered twice daily throughout the year.

What are the admissions and visa requirements for international students?

The Ted Rogers School of Business Management’s International Exchange Program provides an opportunity for students from across the globe to gain experience at a trusted Canadian educational institution. Incoming international students can get program specific information directly from individual schools, as well as more general information about international programs at Ryerson directly from Ryerson International.

How do I find contact information for TRSM students, faculty, and staff?

To find a specific person, school or department, please use the TRSM directory.

Does TRSM rent facilities for non-TRSM events?

Throughout the year, particularly May to August, many meeting rooms and spaces do become available for corporate or associate group rental. For more information, please contact Facilities and Building Operations at 416-979-5000 x 2407 or email

How can I support TRSM?

There are many different ways of supporting TRSM, including through a one-time, monthly or annual gift, or through the many naming opportunities available across campus. For more information, please contact the development office.

What is the general phone number and mailing address for TRSM?
  • Building address: 575 Bay Street (entrance at 55 Dundas Street West)
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C5
  • Mailing address: 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2K3
  • Phone: 416-979-5000
  • Fax: 416-979-5001
How do I get to campus?

Getting to campus is very easy; TRSM is located in the heart of Toronto, surrounded by Yonge-Dundas square. TRSM is attached to the Eaton Centre and accessible by taking the subway to Dundas Station, taking the subway to Union and following the path, or using the 505 Dundas streetcar. You can also get to school by the GO Train, making campus accessible to those who live inside and outside of the Greater Toronto Area. For those that drive, non-permit parking is available near the Campus Store and Pitman Hall, and student permit parking is available underground at the ILLC and surface parking available at the Jarvis Street lot. Pay parking is also available in the lots near campus, or you can take advantage of street parking.

How many students are there at TRSM and what types of programs are available?

The Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University is home to over 9,500 full and part-time students. The student population is varied across campus with 57% male and 43% female breakdown. TRSM is also a very diverse school with most students ages 20 to 24, coming from the Greater Toronto Area. For more detailed information about enrollment, see below.

TRSM has six schools of management studies:

  • School of Accounting & Finance: 302 students
  • Ted Rogers School of Business Management: 6,446 students
  • School of Health Services Management: 170 students
  • Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management: 717 students
  • Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management: 1,757 students
  • Ted Rogers School of Retail Management: 487 students

TRSM has two MBA degrees and one Masters of Management Science degree:

  • MBA Global: 132 students
  • MBA in the Management of Technology and Innovation: 72 students
  • MMSc in the Management of Technology and Innovation: 14 students