Application for Parking Permit on Campus Grounds
- In applying for a parking permit on Ryerson University campus grounds, I hereby agree to assume full responsibility for the vehicle listed on this application, to adhere to Ryerson University Parking and Traffic Regulations [PDF] as amended from time to time and authorized by University Business Services and to accept all the terms and conditions contained in the Parking and Traffic Regulations. I acknowledge I have read and understand the Parking and Traffic Regulations. I further certify that I am in possession of a valid driver's licence and that the vehicle registered for parking is properly licensed and insured.
- I understand that all parking rates may be subject to increase, as approved by the Vice President, Administration and Finance, from time to time.
- I understand that parking options, lot designations and the Parking and Traffic Regulations are subject to change at the discretion of University Business Services.
- I understand that my repeated violations of the Parking and Traffic Regulations will result in the withdrawal of my parking privileges. Unauthorized or improperly parked vehicles will be ticketed or towed at the owner’s risk and expense.
- I understand that parking decals must be displayed on the inside of the vehicle's left front windshield or on the dashboard of the vehicle so as to be clearly visible. Decals, passes and other permit materials remain the property of Ryerson University and are issued for the sole use of the applicant while affixed to the vehicle described in this application. Permit materials found or otherwise recovered must be returned to University Business Services. There are substantial penalties for misuse of permit materials.
- I understand that it is my responsibility, as the applicant, to remove or destroy any decal, permanently affixed to a vehicle that I have had repaired, sold or otherwise disposed of.
- I understand that forgery, fraud and possession of lost or stolen property are criminal offences. Vehicles/motorcycles displaying altered permits, or permits listed as lost or stolen, will be ticketed and towed on sight, and owners will be liable for all charges.
- I understand that all parking permits are guaranteed a space between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. However, when space is available, permits are also valid at all other times.
- Ryerson University assumes no responsibility for damage or loss to vehicles or contents, however caused, while parked on University property.
- Ryerson University may reallocate parking areas for construction, special events or emergencies.
- Ryerson University is committed to offering parking arrangements consistent with the standards, convenience and flexibility offered at similar institutions.
- In accordance with Section 39(2) of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), the information on this application is collected for a lawfully authorized purpose, and is needed to verify eligibility to park on campus, to maintain current information on the driver’s vehicle(s), to communicate updates on parking and for other related administrative or consistent purposes. All personal information that is collected will be used, stored, and destroyed in accordance with Ryerson’s Information Protection and Access Policy.
If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information by Ryerson please contact University Business Services, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON, M5B 2K3, 416-979-5008.
The Statement of Agreement: Application for Parking Permit on Campus Grounds [PDF] is available for download.