Skip to main content

International Applicants

NEW! International students attending an out-of-country (or equivalent) secondary school may apply for one of six (6) President's International Entrance Scholarships, valued at $40,000 each! Winners will receive $10,000 during each year of study, subject to terms and conditions. You can download the application from the Entrance Scholarships page.  

International students attending an out-of-country (or equivalent) secondary school may apply for one of seven (7) International Secondary School Merit Scholarships, valued at $5,000 each. You can download application from the Entrance Scholarships page. International students studying at a secondary school with a recognized Canadian curriculum are automatically considered for Guaranteed and Renewable Entrance Scholarships when they apply for admission.

The following is an estimate of the minimum costs, calculated in Canadian funds, for attending Ryerson. This is based on current information, is subject to change, and is based on an 8-month period from September 2016 to April 2017.


Expense Canadian Dollars
Tuition and Incidental Fees* $23,600 - $25,595
University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP)** $612
Books and Supplies*** $1,100 - $9,900
Accommodation $5,900 - $9,900 (on campus)
$11,400 - $16,800 (off campus)
Food $2,800 - $4,300 (flex to large meal plan)
Local Transportation (Subway/buses)**** $896
Personal Expenses $3,200 - $5,000
Total $38,108 - $63,103


Exact fees vary by student and program. Tuition fees for 2016-2017 will be confirmed in June 2016. Fee statements are mailed between June and September. Fees are subject to change without notice.

** Subject to change without notice.

*** Costs of books, supplies, course materials, lab fees, equipment, kits and academic field trips can vary from $1,100 to $9,900 each year for students in some programs (e.g., Architectural Science, Fashion, Image Arts, Interior Design, Performance, Urban and Regional Planning).

**** Costs for traveling within the city of Toronto may vary from traveling outside of the city.

International students coming to Ryerson from high schools outside of Canada are given top priority in the residence application process.

  • Unless you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will require a study permit in order to study in Canada. Citizens of some countries may also need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
  • Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for complete details on application procedures and required documentation. You should apply for your study permit/TRV as soon as you are admitted to Ryerson University.
  • Visit Ryerson's International Student Support to get additional support before you arrive in Canada and during your time as a Ryerson student.

Check here to see if Ryerson is visiting your school or area: USA/International Schools – Itinerary

Join us for RU Live virtual presentations! Learn more about our programs, our services and our application process from the comfort of your own home.