- Diploma in Developmental Services Worker or other disability related program (e.g., Social Service Worker) from a public Ontario College with concentration in an area of disability and a cumulative grade point average of 70%/B/3.0. Diploma must include a one-year (two-term course or equivalent) introductory university-level humanities or social science course or equivalent.
- Two years (or equivalent) related work/advocacy experience. Applicants without this may be accepted, but must either complete DST 80A/B: Practicum in Disability Studies in the program or apply for an exemption if achieved while in the program.
- Applicants with less than a "B+" average in an acceptable diploma program may be asked to complete up to two one-term university level liberal studies courses prior to admission. Applicants with other post-secondary academic backgrounds and extensive work experience in the field may be considered on an individual basis. Subject to competition, applicants may be required to present averages above the minimum.
Transfer Credit may be awarded for:
- Courses taken at an accredited university that were completed prior to admittance to the program, provided that they were not used to meet entrance requirements
- Courses taken at a public Ontario College, provided that they were not used to meet entrance requirements. These must be approved by the appropriate teaching department chair/director before credit can be assigned
- Courses taken at other universities and/or public Ontario College, with prior permission, while enrolled in the program. These typically will be taken for professionally related and liberal studies electives
Students are required to complete at least half of the program's specified curriculum at Ryerson.
REMINDER: The following must also be submitted directly to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment at the time of application:
- Academic transcripts including promotion/graduation status of all post-secondary studies (excluding Ryerson). High school transcripts are not required for this program. Mature Student guidelines do not apply.
- A completed Supplementary Form.
Exception: If you have already attended this program and are applying for readmission or reinstatement, a completed application, an updated resume and Supplementary Form are required.