Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements. Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics (one of: MCF3M, MCR3U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U)
- One additional Grade 12 U or M course from: Visual Arts (AVI4M), Economics: Analyzing Current Economic Issues (CIA4U), Canadian and World Issues: A Geographic Analysis (CGW4U), Canada: History, Identity, and Culture (CHI4U), Physics (SPH4U), Communications Technology (TGJ4M) or Technological Design (TDJ4M)
- Other Grade 12 U or M courses in Canadian and World Issues may be considered on an individual basis
- Students should take Physics (Grade 11 or higher) and the Art option in Grades 11/12 if available. Preference may be given to applicants with Grade 12 U courses in History or Visual Arts/Art History
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Students requesting advanced standing must submit academic transcripts of their secondary school as well as all post-secondary school studies (excluding Ryerson), to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Current students attending another institution must remember to include a list of courses currently in progress, and to submit another academic transcript (including all final grades) as soon as possible following course completion. Detailed course outlines may be required by the School of Interior Design. Contact the Academic Coordinator for further information.