Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent (see Alternative/Equivalent Standing below) with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements. Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- One of: Chemistry (SCH4U) or Biology (SBI4U)
- Recommended: Grade 12 U courses in Physics and Mathematics
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Occupational Health and Safety Option for University Graduates
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university including three (lower or upper level) Liberal Studies courses. Applicants must have as part of their degree (or other post-secondary education) credit for at least a single-term course in each of chemistry and organic chemistry (equivalent to CHY 104 and CHY 152).
- An applicant whose degree does not include credit for at least a single-term course (equivalent to PCS 106 or ENH 222), in each of physics and microbiology will be required to successfully pass PCS 106 and/or ENH 222 before beginning the third semester of the option.
- Applicants who cannot demonstrate at least three liberal studies courses (either lower or upper level) during their previous university experience, will be required to take additional courses before graduation to bring their total liberal studies to at least three single-term courses (or equivalent).
- Successful candidates may apply for up to seven single-term transfer credits based on their previous university studies.