Skip to main content
RAMSS - Sign in to

How to Select a Minor for Graduation

If you are an undergraduate student who wishes to be considered for graduation with a minor, you must first apply to graduate, and then add the minor to your record. See also How to Apply to Graduate.

Undergraduate and Graduate Students Important:

Depending on the program or plan that you are taking, there may be restrictions on the minor you can select. For information of minors and their restrictions, see the website.

You can select a minor from the Academics section of your home page.
My Academics quick-link in Academics section of RAMSS

  1. Click the My Academics link.
    Select Minor link in My Academics section
  2. Click the Select minor link.
    Add a Minor page with link to Academic Program
  3. Click on the Academic Program for which you want to select a minor.
    Academic program page with search option to find desired minor
  4. Click Search icon beside Minor.
    Look Up Minor window with search results

This window shows a list of minors that you can select. You can sort the list by clicking on the column heading that you want to sort by. Although all Ryerson Minors are listed, you might not meet their criteria. Refer to the Minors Policy in the calendar for details.

Undergraduate and Graduate Students Important:

If the list of minors is long, only the first part of the list displays. You can click the View All link to see the full list.

  1. Click anywhere on the row for the Minor you want to select.
    Academic program page with selected Minor and Continue button
  2. Click Continue.
    Add a Minor verification page with Submit Application button
  3. Verify that you have the correct Academic Program and Minor. To change the Minor, click the Select Different Minor button.
  4. Click Submit Application.
    Add a Minor submit confirmation with link back to My Academics section

Undergraduate and Graduate Students Helpful Tip:

Print this page and keep it as confirmation that you have successfully applied for a minor.

The next time you sign in to your Student Centre and go to My Academics, you will see that the minor you selected has been added to your program of study.

If you are found to be ineligible to graduate with this minor, it will be removed from your record. Your eligibility to graduate from your degree program will be assessed separately.

My Academics page with program details now listing selected minor