"Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity."
Ryerson's Academic Integrity Office is looking for a keen group of current students to be part of the Ambassadors team.
The mission is to promote a culture of academic integrity at Ryerson through engaging students in peer-to-peer and educational programs.
In this position, you will:
- Meet with the team to brainstorm outreach materials and events
- Discuss current student issues and concerns
- Network with the Academic Integrity Office staff and fellow Ambassadors
- Participate in events that promote academic integrity
Some of Our Past Initiatives
- International Day of Action Against Contract Cheating
- The Learning and Teaching Office Conference: Academic Integrity Panel
- Orientation Events
- Information Sharing Meetings
- Poster Campaigns
- Exam Season Events
The Academic Integrity Council’s mandate is to promote and uphold academic integrity at Ryerson. AIC members participate in educational activities, conduct hearings concerning student appeals of academic misconduct decisions, and determine penalties related to progressive discipline for multiple acts of academic misconduct. Panels consisting of two faculty members and a student, all of whom are trained by the Academic Integrity Office, hold hearings. AIC members must be comfortable asking questions at hearings, deliberating with other panel members, and arriving at a consensus decision. Panel Chairs are experienced AIC faculty members who receive additional training and are responsible for writing decision letters.
The 2020 AIC application cycle has now officially closed.
If you missed this application cycle, please consider applying next year.
Applications for the 2021/2022 academic year are set to open in early Fall of 2021, so please check back then.