Current university and college students in their final year of study, recent graduates (within the last three years), and graduate students in arts, social sciences, humanities, design and business programs are eligible to apply for ADaPT Core. Non-Ryerson students and alumni are eligible to apply.
ADaPT offers several streams, which all differ slightly in eligibility criteria. Learn more.
Admission into the ADaPT program is competitive.
Applications will be evaluated based on academic and professional achievements, as well as personal motivation. Check our home page to see if applications are open. Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as you can to ensure there are still spots left!
The screening process for an ADaPT candidate is as follows:
- Ensure you are eligible for the ADaPT stream you are applying for. Learn more here.
- Fill out an online application form. When the application portal is open, the link to apply can be found on our home page.
- Send a copy of your resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application is not complete until you do so.
- If you are an eligible candidate, the ADaPT team will contact you for a 15-20 minute interview at our offices.
- Following the interview, we will inform you via email if you have been selected to join ADaPT.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only successful candidates will be contacted with next steps.
Yes, you can work full time and take part in ADaPT, given that you are able to be on time for workshops. Workshops typically take place on evenings and weekends, but some exceptions apply depending on the cohort. Email us at email@example.com to confirm.
ADaPT Core offers 50+ hours of Core Training and Advanced Workshops. Participants are required to attend a minimum of 75% of all core modules and advanced workshops in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Yes, ADaPT Core courses will run on weekends and week nights (on average, two workshops per week for ADaPT Core). This allows participants flexibility during the week to honour their employment and academic commitments.
The placement can start at any time before, during or after the ADaPT training. The start and end dates will be mutually agreed upon by the participant and the employer based on the scope of the project.
No, completing the ADaPT workshops and training will not guarantee that you will be placed.
ADaPT provides participants with an opportunity to compete for a paid work placement. ADaPT participants are expected to actively participate in the internship-seeking and interview process in order to ensure the best employment match for their skills and interests.