So you’ve applied – what’s next? If you’ve already completed the following steps, you’re on your way!
Your official application must be accurate and complete. If there is a timeframe where you were registered at a post-secondary institution, for one course or more, and regardless of its relevance to your application, you must ensure that your official application includes this information and that a transcript is submitted.
If you applied on an OUAC 105 D or F application, or you used a Ryerson Application Form, your application must include a list of all non-academic activities, from year to year, from the beginning of secondary school to your expected start date at Ryerson (e.g. employment, volunteer work, travel, etc.). If there are timeframes where you did not participate in any activities and did not attend school, you must indicate "no activities". If you are applying for readmission to a Ryerson program, you must include an outline of your activities since last enrolled at Ryerson and submit updated academic transcripts, as applicable.
Changes to your application (e.g. program choice) or personal information (e.g. email/postal address/telephone) must be made as soon as possible to avoid missing key and date-sensitive information.
In the event that you submitted an incomplete application, or you wish to update the information provided, you can amend it as follows: If you applied on an Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) 105 D or F application, amend via the OUAC, external link. If you applied on a Ryerson Application, you must complete a PDF fileRyerson Change Form.
Fill in the Activation Form to activate your Ryerson Online Identity. When asked for your Student/Applicant ID, enter your nine-digit Ryerson Student Number (located in your application acknowledgement email). Remember to keep a record of your username and password. Your Ryerson Online Identity will be activated within 24 hours.
Safety and Security
The safety and security of your information is important to us. Emails from the Ryerson domain are only from @ryerson.ca and official letter communications are only issued to you in your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal.
Your Choose>Ryerson applicant portal is our primary way of communicating with you, so check your portal often. It is your responsibility to read all the letters we post to your My Communications page, accessible via the Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal. It is also your responsibility to track your application status under My Application Status.
Your personalized letters include important information about your application status and requirements. Carefully review letters and follow-up if required.
- Admission decisions, including the official Offer of Admission, appear in this section. Ryerson does not send admission decisions by mail.
- International applicants can view and print the official Offer of Admission and Letter of Acceptance for International Students (LAIS) required for visa applications.
My Application Status
Your application status is listed under the program name.
"Applications for the program are under review" status appears until an admission decision is made or you cancel your application.
Your application status will be updated once a decision is made on your application.
Email notifications may be sent to notify you of new documents in your My Communications page, accessed through your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal.
The Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal is updated nightly; however it may take up to 7 to 10 business days for any submitted documents to be processed and reflected.
Allow 48 hours from the time your admission decision appears in your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal for it to be reflected on your OUAC application, external link.
Visit the Document Submission information to determine what documents are required in support of your application(s), as well as for submission instructions. Ensure that the following items are submitted (as applicable):
- Academic Transcripts – Visit Document Submission to determine what academic transcripts are required and how to submit them.
- Supplementary Form – applicable if you applied on an OUAC 105D, OUAC 105F or Ryerson Application.
- Supporting Documents – submit personal/confidential information, proof of name change, or other information as applicable.
- Non-Academic Requirements – determine if you are required to submit non-academic material (e.g. portfolio, essay, audition) and how to do so.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency – provide an English Language Proficiency test score, if applicable.
Prevent important and time-sensitive email communications from being blocked by maintaining a personal, unique email account and editing/updating your spam filters. Add email@example.com to your email contact list to ensure you do not miss these emails.
Check your Choose>Ryerson applicant portal regularly to:
- Check the status of your application(s);
- See what documents have been received and determine which ones still remain outstanding.
Contact information, including email and postal addresses, must be kept up-to-date. Communication from Ryerson to applicants is date sensitive. If a response is required, and you do not respond within specified time frames, your application and/or Offer of Admission may be cancelled.
Application information, including changing or adding program choices, may be updated after applying (see Programs Accepting Applications).
The method for changing this information depends on your method of application:
- If you applied to Ryerson on an OUAC 101 or OUAC 105 form, go to the OUAC website, external link and log into your application using your OUAC Username and Password. Select ‘Review and Change Your Completed Application’ and review and change your program choices, contact information and/or academic information.
- The OUAC will notify Ryerson, and the other universities you applied to, of your changes within three business days.
- For students who receive an offer after August 1, all changes to your personal and contact information must be made by you in RAMSS (your Ryerson student account).
- If you applied to Ryerson using the Ryerson Application Form (for current/former Ryerson students or applicants to part-time programs only), you can submit a PDF fileRyerson Change Form after your application has been received and processed by Ryerson. Note that you are allowed a maximum of two active program choices when a Ryerson Application Form is used.
Admission decisions are based on the information available when we review your application. Your application is subject to both admission criteria as well as available space when your material is received. Check Admission Decision Release Dates for more details.
If you receive a conditional Offer of Admission, you must provide Ryerson Undergraduate Admissions with proof that you have met the condition(s). This proof must be received by the conditional submission deadline included in your Offer of Admission.
All applicants are required to complete their admission requirements by June 30th (unless otherwise stated in the Offer of Admission). This includes applicants given an early or conditional Offer of Admission. Visit Summer School and Other Extensions to find related information or to submit an extension request.
Official Letter and Verification Requests
Applicants and approved students sometimes require official documentation from Ryerson. The letters available through "My Communications" via your Choose>Ryerson Applicant Portal are official Ryerson University communications and satisfy most of these requests. These communications are also available through RAMSS.
If you require information that is not available in your Choose>Ryerson applicant portal, submit an PDF fileAdmissions Third Party Letter Request to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment.
Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP) may require you to confirm your enrolment at Ryerson in order to access these savings. You can request an RESP Verification of Enrolment after you accept your Offer of Admission. Ryerson will release your RESP Verification of Enrolment when any/all conditions in your Offer of Admission have been satisfied. See New Students for details.
Once you receive an Offer of Admission visit Approved Students for the three essential steps required to reserve your space at Ryerson. After completing these three steps, check out New Students to be ready for the start of class.
Follow undergraduate admissions to get the latest updates.