Please note: The New Students' pages are updated as new dates and information become available. All information for Fall 2020 will be posted by late summer.
Enrolment and Fees
Schedules will be available on RAMSS in early August
Prior to enrolling in courses it is important to review your program curricular requirements and become familiar with important dates. The Ryerson Undergraduate Calendar provides complete information on your program, courses, academic rules and regulations and Significant Dates.
Fall 2020 Course Enrolment
The Undergraduate Course Enrolment Period for the fall 2020 term will be announced in winter 2020; any dates listed below pertain to the fall 2019 cycle and are for reference only.
If you have been admitted to the first semester of a full-time undergraduate program and your Offer of Admission was confirmed before July 19th, you will automatically be enrolled into first semester required courses. You are, however, required to enrol in elective courses.
You can view the courses into which you have been automatically enrolled online via RAMSS (my.ryerson.ca) in early August. Schedule changes including enrolling in your elective courses or making changes to your required courses (adds, drops and swaps) can be completed during your Enrolment Appointment or the Open Enrolment Period.
If you have been admitted to the first semester of a full-time undergraduate program and your Offer of Admission was confirmed on July 22nd or later, you will not be automatically enrolled into any required or elective courses and must enrol in all courses for the first semester during your Enrolment Appointment or the Open Enrolment Period.
From August 6th to September 13th you may enrol or make changes to your Fall 2019 courses (adds, drops and swaps). Please see detailed enrolment date information on the Enrolment and Fees tab.
If you have been admitted to a part-time undergraduate program or to an upper level of a program (e.g. Direct Entry/Advanced Standing), you will not be automatically enrolled into any Required or Elective courses and must enrol in applicable courses during your Enrolment Appointment or the Open Enrolment Period (as specified by your Program Department/School).
Winter 2021 Course Intention Selections
The Undergraduate Course Enrolment Period for the winter 2021 term will be announced in summer 2020; any dates listed below pertain to the winter 2020 cycle and are for reference only.
If you were automatically enrolled into your required fall 2019 term courses, you were also loaded into your required winter 2020 term course intentions. You are, however, required to select your elective courses for the winter 2020 term.
If you were not automatically loaded into your course intentions, you may select course intentions for all of your winter 2020 term courses including required and elective courses. Please see the current Undergraduate Calendar for program specific curriculum information.
From August 19th to September 13th you may select or adjust your course intention selections for the winter 2020 term.
In December, your course intentions will be used to create your winter 2020 term course schedule. Completing course intentions increases your chances of being scheduled into courses of your choice, and allows you to receive your OSAP funding for the winter 2020 term earlier.
Any dates listed below pertain to the fall 2019 admissions cycle; fall 2020 dates will be announced in winter 2020.
Course intentions are mandatory for all returning full-time Undergraduate students, and so the priority enrolment appointments for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students are only applicable for students who completed Course Intentions.
- Schedules available on RAMSS: Early August
- Undergraduate Course Enrolment Period for Fall 2019 Term: August 6 - September 13
- Undergraduate Course Enrolment Period for Winter 2020 Term: August 19 - September 13
Priority enrolment appointment start dates for Full-Time Undergraduate Students:
- 1st year: Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- 2nd year: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- 3rd year: Monday, August 12, 2019
- 4th year: Thursday, August 8, 2019
Start Dates for Part-time Undergraduate Students
- Business Management: Monday, August 19, 2019
- IT Management: Monday, August 19, 2019
- All other part-time programs: Monday, August 12, 2019
How to Enrol
- Log into RAMSS via my.ryerson.ca, opens in new window.
- View the Required courses in which you were automatically enrolled (if applicable).
- View your Transfer Credit application results (if applicable). If Transfer Credits were granted for courses you were automatically enrolled into, you must drop these courses and you may select other courses in their place.
- Run an Advisement Report. The report will assist you by identifying courses and requirements in your program's curriculum that you need to take. See the step by step instructions on how to run your Advisement Report.
- Identify courses in which you want to enrol. You can review your program's curriculum in the Undergraduate Calendar, visit your program website, or connect with your program department if you have questions about selecting your courses.
- Select the 'Enrol' link in the Student Centre and Search for a class using the My Classes Offered functionality. This function will display, by term, only the courses that are offered in your program. See the step by step details on how to enrol in courses offered by your program.
For more information on how to enrol in courses via RAMSS, see RAMSS Support.
The information listed below pertains to the fall 2019 admissions cycle and is for reference only; fall 2020 information will be updated shortly.
Tuition deposit payment start date: May 15, 2019
Tuition deposit payment deadline: June 6, 2019 (or date stipulated in Offer of Admission if different)
Tuition and fees for the fall term due: September 13, 2019
Tuition and fees for the winter term due: January 10, 2020
Tuition and fees for the Fall and Winter terms are charged based on your course enrolments and can be viewed on RAMSS in August. If you are interested in knowing how much your fees are, before you have enrolled in courses and had your fees confirmed on RAMSS, you can check the Undergraduate Fees by Program.
As tuition and fees are charged based on your course enrolments, adding or dropping courses may impact your tuition fees. If you are making changes to your enrolments after paying your fees or receiving OSAP funding, view your RAMSS account for fee changes, and pay any outstanding fees by the appropriate deadline.
Visit Fee Payments for information on how to pay your fees.
OSAP and Scholarships
If you were awarded an Entrance Scholarship, it will be applied to your student account in late August.
Need financial assistance to help with school and living costs? You may qualify for OSAP. You can create an OSAP application by visiting the OSAP website, external link, opens in new window.
If you receive OSAP funding, your funds will be directed to your Ryerson account and will be applied to your fees, and any remaining funds will be deposited into your bank account.