Hosted by Ryerson Alumni Relations
Cultivating resilience is a lifelong task.
On April 10th, join Ryerson alumni for a special seminar, led by Ryerson Scholar-in-Residence, Dr. Diana Brecher
, where you will learn how mindfulness, gratitude, optimism, self-compassion, and grit combine to build happiness and resilience.
What's in it for you:
About our speaker:
- 2 hour wellness talk, led by Ryerson expert in positive psychology and resilience
- Learn about the Five Factor Model of Resilience and how to apply it to your life
- Participate in mindfulness exercises to cultivate calm and personal well-being
- Learn on how to build stronger relationships, coping skills and commit to goals
- Receive a personal copy of the ThriveRU Weekly Workbook (revised edition)
Dr. Diana Brecher is Scholar-in-Residence, Positive Psychology for the ThriveRU initiative in Student Affairs at Ryerson University. She is a clinical psychologist who has been with Ryerson University’s Counselling Centre since 1991. As adjunct faculty in the Ryerson Psychology Department, she has taught several graduate level courses in CBT and clinical supervision to graduate students and mental health professionals through the Chang School. Diana’s long-standing interest and certification in Positive Psychology led to a secondment to a 5-year ThriveRU program within Student Affairs. Her current role is to train students, faculty, and staff in resilience.
63 Gould St,
ON M5B 1E9
Map and Directions
Register online now!
Due to capacity of Thomas Lounge, we will be limited to the first 85 registrants.
The Blackboard to Boardroom event series, in partnership with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
, is designed to help our recent alumni make the transition from student life to the rest of their lives!