The Alumni Ambassador program is a network of alumni located around the world and outside of the greater Toronto area who serve as ambassadors in their specific regions.
Ryerson Alumni Ambassador Program
Definition: An Alumni Ambassador is a Ryerson graduate who will positively promote Ryerson University to potential students and their parents; represent Ryerson at various local functions, and help fellow Ryerson alumni/students in their region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To act as a liaison between Alumni in your region and Alumni Relations by:
- Assisting Alumni Relations with events they host in your region
- Assisting with alumni events such as group meetings and social events
- Connecting with/sending emails to alumni in their region
- Providing country/cultural information to visitors from Ryerson
- Prior to Student Recruitment’s travels and during planning, connect with Student Recruitment to share regional intel (upon request)
Promote Ryerson by:
- If requested by Student Recruitment, meet or speak informally with prospective students in your area about your Ryerson student experience
- Being a social media ambassador for the region, if requested by Alumni Relations and/or Student Recruitment
Represent Ryerson at local functions such as:
- Events at the Canadian Embassy/High Commission in the area upon request from Alumni Relations
- Be involved with local All-Canadian activities if possible
- Attend President/Chancellor installations upon request
Serve as a point of contact:
- For alumni who may be traveling/moving/or living in the area
- For Ryerson administrators, faculty, staff, students visiting your region
- Welcoming co-op or exchange students who come to the region
- Sharing your Ryerson /living in Toronto experiences with potential students in a manner that is in line with Ryerson’s goals and mission
- Respond to requests by Student Recruitment representatives by email, phone, or in-person casual meetings to share your Ryerson experience and your career path
Alumni Relations will:
- Gather Alumni Ambassador applications, review them, and contact the alumni regarding the status of their application.
- We will publish the Alumni Ambassadors name, program, year, and contact info on the Alumni Ambassador webpage, and on Alumni Relations social media.
- Let the Alumni ambassador know how many alumni live within their region, and work with them to connect with those alumni.
- Connect the Alumni Ambassador with resources, and contacts regarding Admissions and Recruitment activities in their region, when appropriate
- Let the ambassador know of any Ryerson activities/initiatives/news within their region
- Identify and recruit Alumni Ambassadors for regions which relate to student recruitment efforts, co-op opportunities, and student exchange opportunities
To date we have Alumni Ambassadors in 25 countries and we look forward to expanding the program with your help. Please apply to get involved with this program by applying online or submitting the Alumni Ambassador application form.
The Alumni Ambassador program is not intended to facilitate solicitation related to business purposes. If you are experiencing this type of communication, please contact Cynthia Wilchynski.
Apply for a position online now