Who can be recognized?
- A volunteer who has provided, or is currently providing, outstanding volunteer service(s) to Ryerson University, either within specific academic units (such as faculties or institutes), non-academic units, or the university at large
- Retired faculty and staff (at least three years retired) who volunteer at Ryerson
- Posthumous awards will be considered only in exceptional circumstances
- Volunteers will stand for consideration in the year in which they are submitted
Who cannot be recognized?
- Current students, faculty and staff and are not eligible (separate awards program exists for faculty and staff)
- Volunteers who have previously won a G. Raymond Chang Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Current members from these groups are not eligible:
- Board of Governors
- Ryerson University Alumni Association
Who can submit a volunteer for recognition?
- Volunteer information must be submitted by the appropriate Director of Development or a designated representative of a Vice President’s office.
- Volunteers submitted will be subject to review by University Advancement only to ensure they are eligible and meet the criteria, and vetting of submissions will be made by designated university representatives.
- The recognition form should make the case for the volunteer, and include all relevant information. Complete the recognition form.
Once awarded, a G. Raymond Chang Outstanding Volunteer Award may be revoked if Ryerson University determines that association with the recipient may call into question the integrity or reputation of the university.
Deadline for submissions: March 29, 2018 at 5:00pm
Recipients notified by: April 20, 2018
Award Presentation: June 21, 2018, 5:30-7:30pm
Contact for Further Information
416-979-5000, ext. 3681