Senior Research Associates in Migration and Integration
The Canada Excellence Research Chair, external link (CERC) in Migration and Integration at Ryerson University invites expressions of interest from highly-achieved domestic and international researchers and applications for Senior Research Associates.
The CERC offers an opportunity to pursue new research, develop leadership potential, and collaborate internationally with Professor Anna Triandafyllidou, external link, formerly Robert Schuman Chair at the Global Governance Programme, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute in Florence, Italy, and pioneering researcher in governance of migration in relation to cultural diversity and nationalism.
The CERC is beginning a seven-year research agenda, on an international scale, in the following thematic areas:
1) Migration Trends
2) Migrant Agency, Stakeholders, Networks and Institutions
3) Comparative Analysis of Migration and Integration Policies and their Outcomes
4) Addressing the Role of Cities in Managing Diversity
5) Thinking Forward: Migration Challenges for Canada and the World in 2050
For the Senior Research Associate positions, interested candidates must hold a PhD and have at least three years of post-doctoral experience in migration and integration research. Previous experience in project management, facilitating collaborative research networks and relations with community stakeholders and policy-makers would be an asset.
The successful candidate(s) will work in close collaboration with the CERC Professor Anna Triandafyllidou to develop two thematic research clusters:
● Migration Trends and Migration Management - flows, stocks, global governance, new patterns of mobility; new ideas for regulating international migration
● Migrant Integration Policies and their Outcomes - assessment of migrant integration policies with a focus on different categories of migrants and on different policy fields including those aimed to foster socio-economic, cultural, political integration
Successful candidates for our Senior Research Associates will begin at Ryerson in Toronto, Canada, as early as October 2019 for a minimum period of one year, with possibility of renewal. Later starting dates are possible into Spring 2020.
Deadline to apply for Senior Research Associates is August 5, 2019 for first consideration, and a second review date will be October 31, 2019.
Expected Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000 per annum commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Candidates should indicate their interest by first sending a preliminary package of:
- a brief CV (2-4 pages)
- an abstract of their PhD dissertation or other major completed accomplishment (1-2 pages)
- a brief plan for future research (2 pages)
- a list of 3 potential referees
- Senior Research Associates should also include a cover statement, explaining their interest in the context of past and future career plans (2 pages)
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.