Skip to main content

Important Dates

Multiple Events
Single Event
Upcoming Events & Dates

Supporting and Referring Students in Distress

The Faculty of Arts Personal Counsellor consults with faculty and staff on crisis intervention, risk assessment and referrals for counselling for Arts students. Faculty and staff can refer students for individual personal counselling by contacting Ruth Frolic at ext. 4847, or by emailing Faculty and staff can also consult with the Personal Counsellor about difficult student issues or disruptive behaviours. The Personal Counsellor will guide faculty and staff on how to best deal with these situations and will provide services and referrals, both on and off campus, to students in need.

For urgent student crisis situations, or when the Personal Counsellor is not immediately available, please contact the Centre for Student Development and Counselling during business hours
at (416) 979-5195, or Security and Emergency Services at (416) 979-5040 after business hours.

Other Resources

Ryerson's Centre for Student Development and Counselling

Information and Support for Faculty and Staff

When You Encounter Concerning Behavior on Campus

What to Do in a Crisis