O.S.S.D. with six Grade 12 U/M courses including Grade 12 U English and one Grade 11 U or M or Grade 12 U Mathematics course (one of MCF3M, MCR3U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U).
Please note – Effective fall 2020 a new Fashion program will commence with revised academic admission requirements as follows: O.S.S.D. with six Grade 12 U/M courses including Grade 12 U English. Fall 2019 will be the last intake for the current Fashion Design and Fashion Communication programs.
- ENG4U/EAE4U is the preferred English.
- The grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70 percent range) will be determined subject to competition.
- Admission to the School of Fashion is based on meeting the academic requirements determined by Undergraduate Admissions and on the portfolio guidelines set and evaluated by the School of Fashion.
- Applicants must choose their intended program at the time of application, i.e., Fashion Communication or Fashion Design.
- A non-academic assessment fee of $50 CDN (non-refundable and subject to change) is required and will be requested by Ryerson as applicable.
- Subject to competition, candidates may be required to present averages/grades above the minimum.
Although art/visual art and sewing classes are not treated as an academic prerequisite for entry into the Fashion program, it is strongly recommended that if art courses (e.g. life and/or mechanical drawing, art history), and introductory sewing and/or basic sewing skills courses, are offered in the candidate's secondary school curriculum, they should be pursued.
Applicants are required to submit a mail-in portfolio which provides evidence of creative versatility and ability. As part of the admission selection process, applicants must visit the Fashion Communication or the Fashion Design program page for details about the non-academic requirements.